Expanded Listings: Fees paid for expanded listings are non-refundable.
Workshops: If you cancel before the workshop begins, we offer a full refund. If you cancel after the workshop begins for good reason, the refund is prorated according to the number of classes you have attended or viewed on videotape. A 3% processing fee will be deducted from the refund amount if you used a credit card. If you pay by check, there will be no processing fee.
Collection of Information
We may collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, or credit card information, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
Credit card information may be processed by our designated financial institutions and is subject to their policies. We will not request for them to store credit card information. If we take a credit card number from you directly for manual processing, we will destroy the information immediately after processing.
We will use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- As you have directed us, we will forward information that you have included in messages to our members.
- To promote continued use of our services. For example, if you prove us with your personal information when you visit our web site and do not sign up for any services, we may send you one or more emails asking whether you wish to sign up. If you use any of our services, and may benefit from using one or more other services we offer, we may send you an email telling you about the other services.
- To discuss payment and billing. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and late notices, to alert you if we need a different credit card number, and to collect money owed. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing. We send billing information to such third parties, who use and maintain all information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback.
- To meet legal requirements such as complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information received hereunder to representatives or advisors such as attorneys and accountants to help us comply with legal and other requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the services we offer including adding features and providing other comparison information.
- To communicate with you concerning your account for an informational, as opposed to promotional, purpose.
- To send you informational and promotional materials that you elect ("opt-in") to receive.
Our BPI Networking List, Community Calendar and Therapist Directory
Our web site is a place where you may sign-up for and use our free and paid services. We protect your information to the best of our ability and never share it with other organizations or individuals except as you authorize. For example: You authorize us to make your professional contact information visible on our web site and via networking messages to the public and other professionals.
Please note: When you post an announcement to the BPI Networking list or Community Calendar you are including your contact information (name, email and other info that you voluntarily provide in the message) so that others may reach you.
Our BPI site or our bulk mailing service may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. More information about our bulk mailing service can be obtained from MailChimp, aka: The Rocket Science Group, LLC.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when required by law; or, trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, investigating fraud which has already taken place. No information is provided to anyone for marketing purposes.
Content of Email Campaigns
When you send email marketing, it bounces around from server to server as it crosses the Internet. Along the way, server administrators can read what you send. Email was never built for confidential information. Never send anything in an email that you wouldn't put on a postcard. If confidentiality is crucial, do not use the NetList or post the information.
We often (but do not guarantee) review of the content of the email campaigns of our members to ensure that they are psychotherapy related. Content of messages is solely the responsibility of the sender. Postings and Community Calendar items are not posted until they have been approved by the administrator as being psychotherapy related and not spam. This practice benefits all members because, among other things, it stops or reduces spam being sent through our servers which helps to ensure high deliverability.
We ask that personal or identifying information about referrals, clients, potential clients, or anyone but yourself, NOT be posted in announcements. Instead offer to discuss these sensitive matters with other professionals via a secure connection or some other private or confidential way.
Accuracy of Data and Rights
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up-to-date to the extent that you provide us with the information to do that. If your data changes (including, but not limited to, a change in your email address) then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes so that we can keep your records up-to-date.
We retain the data about you only so long as reasonably required to meet the purposes for which we have the right to use the information. In this regard, we keep some data, relating to when and where emails were sent, which bounced, which resulted in a complaint and similar information indefinitely as we use such data to help us screen out violators of spam laws and for other permitted purposes.
We will give you access to any of your personal information that we hold about you within thirty days of any request you make for such information.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings. Nobody is safe from hackers these days. Boulder Psychotherapy Institute will notify you as soon as possible if a breach in security results in an unauthorized intrusion into our computers which materially affects you, and will subsequently report the corrective action taken in response to the intrusion.
Privacy Contact Information
By Phone: 303 494 0393
Our web site: www.boulderpsych.com
Boulder Psychotherapy Institute
1140 Lehigh St.
Boulder, CO 80305
Questions or other requests
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, or would like to request additional information, please direct these inquiries to Reed at our BPI email address.